Re: [IRCA] RIP Air America Radio

I'll listen to C2C sometimes, but I am finding radio pretty boring these
days.  My pet peeve with C2C is when they put on shows about the worldwide
calamities that you can do nothing about.  I once sent an email to George
Noory, basically telling him that the doom and gloom shows could be enough
for someone who is teetering on the edge to commit suicide, that shows of
that type offer no value and that there are sometimes no solutions
available, IF there was any substance to the topic in the first place. He
responded to me (I was surprised) by saying that they run a disclaimer at
the end of shows like that.  I asked him what if that person (or persons)
never made it to the end of the show because they had already pulled the
plug...no response there.

Entertainment is one thing.  Spreading fear, uncertainty, doubt, doom and
gloom is pretty much unneeded in a world that seems to be overwhelmed with
most of those qualities right now.  I've also heard way too much namecalling
on political shows by people who disagree, and also smug self-righteousness
from people who are talking with those they agree with.

I would like to hear a show or six on DXing.  The only person I ever heard
get into the subject was Art Bell when he was speaking with Harry Helms.
Its not a popular talk show topic, but I bet you'd be surprised by how many
DXers would come out of the woodwork to call in if that topic were being
aired.  Not that it would help the ratings though...we are kind of off in
our own little world.

Mike