[IRCA] Some unIDs and alerts

>From Burnt River ON tonight...

* Heard what sounded like Vietnamese on 1040 at 1747 EST ... presume the Georgia station, will do some checking.

* What sounds very much like French on 930 coming in on unterminated east-west wire at 2014-2135 EST underneath CFBC New Brunswick (which is using Good Time Oldies slogan) and with WBEN Buffalo NY nulled. I am confident this is not Haiti, as there are no Latins here at all tonight, and I've never come close to having Haiti on 930 previously - nor seen it reported. This is a puzzler...

* Greenville PA on 940, country and mentioning a //on 1470, is definitely not operating at 2 watts at 2111 EST. I've had this before at night. Tonight it's playing hard-to-get under Montreal's oldies station.

* Someone asked me awhile ago if CHNC 610 New Carlisle QC has gone off AM in its switch to FM. I'm hearing it on AM tonight. (Same with CKDH Amherst NS, on 900, which I heard last week in Newfoundland).

I wouldn't say conditions are amazing tonight. Slightly animated is the way to put it. Spain in on 531, 558, 585, 837, 855. UK 909, Saudi 1521. Many of the usual hets but not strong enough for audio. Cx were good around 1330 EST pre-sunset with 1490 Port Jervis NY a new catch. 980 Lowell MA among relogs from New England in the two hours that followed.

One other thing: I'll send a formal reminder tomorrow, but just so y'all know -- the WSRY 1550 Elkton MD DX Test, scheduled for early Sunday morning (late Saturday night), is confirmed as running.

Any ideas on the 930 are appreciated. Maybe WPAT NJ runs programming other than Spanish?

Saul Chernos