[IRCA] Sushi for breakfast (the appetiser)

[IRCA] Sushi for breakfast (the appetiser)

Sushi for breakfast in Nfld. Quite literally, with 774 and 828 talking in JJ about bluefin tuna. Started earlier than we expected. Also logged both North and South Korea, Taiwan, China, and maybe a language we concluded we didn't recognize. Jean Burnell has enough Perseus recordings to keep busy till spring, and I have a few dozen from the AOR I'll be working on. There was audio on more channels than I could manage. Some of it close tom airchair, where I was listening in AM mode, and even at times - just for the sheer challenge of it - on the more unfriendly sideband (as opposed to the friendly one). No sign of Down Under. This seemed a transpolar TP event. On the rare occasion I bothered to check, no sign of the western U.S. states or Canadian provinces. Though I probably had OK 1170 and TX 1630. I did have an Asian dominating 1170. Like a smorgasbord all-you-can-eat - it was a challenge keeping iup with all the audio that was happening. Many strong, many also weak and marg!
 inal. It lasted to around 1130 UTC - well after 8 am local time, about an hour after sunrise. Including the Japanese stations, which surprised us. This was my first ever TP event.

Southerly stuff not so good. We had some fairly northern and relatively weaker Russians and ex-Soviets. Not much Brazil noted. More into Europe, though not like last fall when

One note: We noted NHK2 Japan running Spanish and (I think) Portuguese, in addition to some English and Japanese. So if you have Spanish on 774 etc in the morning, it might not be a lingering Spain.

Saul Chernos