[IRCA] OK, so what's on 594: TPs Orcas Island.

[IRCA] OK, so what's on 594: TPs Orcas Island.

In truth, by body count standards, it was a poor morning... About half the "normal" number in audio, high and low and generally, the audio was poor. On the other hand, there were some real interesting things.

639 CNR1 was walking tall most of my 1440-1525 morning

828: a bit after 1500, it was probably Beijing Business Radio with another CC beneath. I presume that NHK2 was off by then

882: Who was that masked man?

918: BIG echos on the usual Shandong at 1450

1098: I'm pretty sure that it was Radio Taiwan International doing much better than usual, with 4+1 pips and nice TOH routine at 1500

1575: Radio Farda, presumed, was putting in some ME music under VOA at 1525.

But the big one was, around 1515, who the heck was on 594???? I had no other channel with presumed NHK1 on it in audio and what I had on 594 was NOT Japanese. It was also not standard Chinese and it was not Korean..... further, it had a distinct ECHO. My best guess would be Taiwan, there are three transmitters there, two with the same program... Taipei 2. I should have tried to // this on the 'net, but I did not. ANY IDEAS!!! I don't think that it was Mayak, either. Recording on request.

John Bryant
Orcas Island, WA, USA
Winradio G313e and various Ultralights
Wellbrook Phased Array + Superloops