[IRCA] TP's this morning

This would have been a very good morning at Grayland, judging from what I heard at home. Once again, I recorded chunks of the band on the SDR while I slept The high end was rather exciting around 1500, but unfortunately, I only recorded until 1510 so I'm not sure how long the opening lasted. I was able to hear bits of the JOIB-747 signoff at 1600 just after I got up so stuff may have stayed in for quite a while today.

I have a lot of notes after going though the SDR files, so here are the highlights for now. I may follow up with a complete listing later:

1557 Unid Chinese w/5+1 pips & CC talk 1500. WYFR may have been there later 1548 decent carrier, but lots of domestic splatter 1440-1510. I think it was producing audio(talk) but I couldn't ID the language. I may give it another listen later. 1539 carrier visible on the display during a 2 second pause in KXPA-1540 programming, possible repeat of yesterday;s UAE reception
1530    Two Chinese stations mixing with KFBK 1455-1510
1521   carrier, but way too much 1520 splatter
1512   Unid CC talk 1501
1476   4 long low + one long high pips 1500, then CC talk
1431 3+1 pips just like NHK & KBS at 1500, but neither one has stations there and little else was heard. Maybe one of the JO commercial stations
1269   Japan fair 1230
1215   CC talk 1230
1116   5+1 pips. YL talk, 1300
1098   2 sets of Chinese pips 1300
990      3+1 pips under CBW at 1300.  Probably Japan
837 Rarely produces audio, but I had some today, woman singing, then 3+1 pips likely from NHK, 5+1 pips in background about 5 seconds late
783   Woman in Chinese again, sure wish I could ID this one
648 Voice of Russia IS 1159, then CC pgm. So now the only mystery is the schedule
594   China 5+1 pips about 15 seconds late u/Japan

Bruce
Seattle
SDR-IQ rx
K9AY ant