[IRCA] ULR DX.....STRANGE One on 750 Last Night..Ecos Del Torbes???? VENEZUELA

[IRCA] ULR DX.....STRANGE One on 750 Last Night..Ecos Del Torbes???? VENEZUELA

Hi Guys:

Last night at Bedtime while tuning around with the SONY SRF-T615
Barefoot...I found something a little Strange!!

Under WSB was a Spanish Station that I presumed was going to be RCR
Radio Caracas from Venezuela..as they are a quite Frequent visitor here.
The Format just didn't sound like them though ....and as I listened on,
I heard several Distinct IDs as "ECOS DEL TORBES"!!! I am familiar with
this Station as I have heard them on 780 Khz several times years ago
broadcasting from SAN CRISTOBAL, VENEZUELA They used the Call sign of
YVOD back then. I see that they are still shown as being on 780 Khz. I
also heard Ecos Del Torbes many years ago on SHORTWAVE in the 60 Meter
band!!

But Last night I heard them on 750 Khz....not 780!! Now was this RCR
Caracas RELAYING Ecos Del Torbes??? Or was it a Live Feed with a Report
from Ecos Del Torbes or????

I don't know...but the "Ecos Del Torbes" IDs were VERY CLEAR and really
caught my Attention???

750 Ecos Del Torbes??? VENEZUELA  Nov/03/09  2220 EST  SS   FAIR
Male Announcer with Long talk in SPANISH. Many mentions of Venezuela
and several IDs as "ECOS DEL TORBES". Didn't sound like the regular
News type Programming from RCR Caracas??

ROSS, ONT.

Has anyone else EVER heard ECOS DEL TORBES IDs on 750 Khz??? If so....

Whats the deal with that???

More Strange Stuff on the BCB!!.............

73....ROB VA3SW

Robert S. Ross
London, Ontario CANADA