[IRCA] Three TP's heard this morning in Calgary AB (two on UL radio barefoot)

[IRCA] Three TP's heard this morning in Calgary AB (two on UL radio barefoot)

Using a Superadio II barefoot, listening from 1330 to 1405,
JOIB had good audio most of the time and on peaks was easily
heard on the Gary DeBock aligned SRF-59 barefoot.

The new logging for the day was JOAB-693, which gave very good audio
// to JOIB (English language lessons talking about shoplifting in the USA) at times. Was also easily heard on the SRF-59 barefoot for my third UL TP!

Only other TP that produced audio was JOAK-694, only heard weakly on the SR II.

I made an interesting observation this morning: by placing the SRF-59 close to the top of the Superadio, where the ferrite rod is, I can couple the rod to the SRF-59, resulting in greatly improved reception on the SRF-59 of the frequency to which the Superadio is tuned. Of course this is just using the antenna of the Superadio as a passive loop antenna - and of course do not count as barefoot loggings on the SRF-59.
Doing this JOIN sounded almost like a local!

73,

Deane McIntyre
Calgary AB