Re: [IRCA] Laptop computer requirements for an SDR or similar

Re: [IRCA] Laptop computer requirements for an SDR or similar

I like Guy's approach as well, Mike.  I've tried both methods of simply recording the TOH 2 or 3 minutes, etc, but Murphy invariably creeps in and things fade out just when things started to get interesting.  I have tried the other method and realized that it works much better for me as one can track when propagation improves, and often markedly so, making it relatively easy to ID the station, even without time pips and TOH ID.  Also, we have a wealth of expertise in various groups that can identify the language and further help with IDs (RealDX comes to mind immediately).  Whichever way works, however, is the bottom line.  To each his own!.....Walt.