[IRCA] TPs from Orcas Island

We were all listening to the same band this morning!  Pretty useless above 972.

However, the bottom 25% of the band had some interesting things:

558: Like Gary, HLQH, KBS 2 in Daegu was a new station for me. I could hear Kobe beneath the KK, but it was way beneath.

585: There was a second Asian over NHK1, but I could not ID the language

603: KBS2 Seoul tends to be poor here until post-dawn... its just a habitual late bloomer, as is 954 JOKR, that is poor to non-existent until post-dawn, year after year. I don't understand this at all.

675 had something almost as strong as Vietnam. I think that it was NHK1 Synchros

720 CNR2 again.

729: Had Chinese this AM at moderate level instead of the usual JOCK. No pips at 1400, too weak to hear the ID, of course. Jiangxi, the province just inboard from Fujia has about 300KW here and there is only one other mainland CC in central China. There is a Taiwanese, but it is only 500 watts, so this was almost certainly Jiuangxi. Would be a new station for me....

792: Had European classical music here briefly. There are two R. Rossii stations, including one on Sakhalin Island. Maybe.

810 had CC for a while just after 1400. Not CNR1 or 2. Likely Zhejiang RGD news from Hangzhou on the coast near Shanghai. It was KK later, I think the KCBS station.

So, for a lousy morning, it was quite interesting. After a couple of runs up the entire dial, I concentrated on the lower 25%... was sort of fun! Yeah, I know.... buy a Perseus!

John Bryant
Orcas Island, WA, USA
Winradio G313e and various Ultralights
Wellbrook Phased Array + Superloops