[IRCA] TP from Victoria for 18Oc09: Wow!

[IRCA] TP from Victoria for 18Oc09: Wow!

Monitored this morning between 14:13 and being called away to the hospital
about 14:40 or so, so my listening was truncated by a call to duty!  Quite
an amazing morning with good level audio on most of the bottom band that I
monitored (and I got as far as 990 kHz).  The JJ dominated, although 963 had
the best CRI RR I've heard this season.  Really armchair!  As always, "6"
unless noted.

531:  JJ with NHK1 at 9 level at 14:13
549:  JOAP at 7 level, with lots of local splatter
558:  KBS2 and cochannel (stronger) JOCR at 14:20 at 8 level
567:  9 level NHK1
576:
585:  8 level NHK1 at 14:19
594:  9+ level JOAK
603:  CC >> KBS2 at 9 level
612:  Infrequently heard NHK1 at 9 level > Brisbane
621:  CC at 8 level
639:  IBOC +++
648:  splatter +++
657:  N Korea at 7
666:  NHK1 at 14:29  at 9 level
693:  NHK2 at 8 level between splatter from CBU at 14:27
720:  CNR2 at 7 level
738:
747:  9 level NHK2
756, 765
774:  9 level NHK2 and cochannel at 14:29
783:  IBOC ++
828:  9 level NHK2 at 14:30
837:  7
846:  interesting with 2 CC stations cochannel at 7 level
855:  8 level N. Korea at 14:32
864:  8 level with music ???who
873:  8 level JJ and N. Korea //2850
882:  8 level oriental station at 14:35
918:  prob Shandong at 14:36 6 level
936:  2 cochannels at 14:37
945:  ditto above
963:  9+ CRI RR at 14:15  Superb!
972:  9 level KK
981:  7 level CNR1
990:  seems to have a TP mixed in with domestic
1323:  7 level

That was it for the morning.  Delivered a healthy African-Canadian boy (9'
15"), just after 8:00 AM local too!  ..........Walt

--
Walter (Volodya) Salmaniw, MD
Victoria, BC, Canada