Re: [IRCA] Analog 24 Atomic clock set on UTC

At 02:25 PM 10/14/2009, you wrote:
>I still have not had any luck finding an analog atomic clock (with
>hands) that can be set to UTC, but I did find a rather spendy one that
>MFJ makes 123, that is solar operated 12/24 digital than can be set to
>UTC, even though the directions do not explain it. A couple reviews
>covered this. At $79.95 is spendy, with 2-3 inch numbers you can hang on
>the wall. But it is an option.....According to the reviews, it is the
>best clock that MFJ makes and runs trouble free by several posters for
>years. But I am still looking. Setting the 24 hour clock to UTC is a
>must for me. the only other Atomic clock I do have is a Specific Oregon
>and it has worked well since I bought it a Fred Meyer in 1997. It can be
>set to P/M/C/E times only though.
>
>73,
>
>Patrick
>
>Patrick Martin
>KGED QSL Manager

Patrick, my solution was to be a $5.00 old fashioned round clock from Ikea, with a second hand and add a ring of inner numbers from 13 to 24.  Runs on a single AA battery for about 6 months and is accurate within a few seconds every few months.  I also have one of the old Radio Shack atomic clocks (of course they won't do GMT, just the local time) digital clocks which is how I ensure the wall clock is bang on.  Much cheaper than your options.  I'm going to do the same thing at the cottage too....Walt