[IRCA] Puyallup, WA TP's for 10-12 (and 10-11)... Not Bad

[IRCA] Puyallup, WA TP's for 10-12 (and 10-11)... Not Bad

Hello All,

The conditions both yesterday and this morning seemed low average  prior to
around 1400, but were boosted significantly with a sunrise peak around
1415.

783 kHz had been a frequency where I was chasing weak audio for about a
month with little result, but yesterday a sudden peak of Mandarin Chinese was
received around 1417, providing a fair MP3 mixed with some 780  splatter.
The talk program featured a male/female dialog, apparently a  question and
answer interview. As usual, the PAL and WRTH have multiple Chinese  stations
listed on 783, but if I can find some ID clues in the recording,  this would
be Ultralight TP #100 here.

This morning the frequency of interest was 1107 kHz, another one  where
anemic carriers occasionally produced threshold  audio during peaks recently.
Around 1415 this morning the 1107  carrier (with a somewhat ragged tone) came
up to weak audio for a marginal  recording in domestic splatter-- which
hopefully will provide at least language  recognition when replayed several
times.

Of course, both of these frequencies probably have a booming TP (with
several co-channels) at Grayland, so I'll be interested in the reports  from
John and Guy. Despite the challenge of chasing weak TP's in a mediocre  DXing
location like Puyallup, the new 9' box loop certainly has been a real  $48
overachiever, receiving 8 new Ultralight TP's in 8 days.

73, Gary DeBock

Spotting receiver:  Modified ICF-2010 (30" loopstick)
ULR of the weekend:  Stock Tecsun PL-310 (AM-LW-FM-SW DSP  wonder)
9' PVC-frame tuned passive loop (in back yard)