[IRCA] Puyallup, WA TP's for 10-5... Ultralight TP #95

[IRCA] Puyallup, WA TP's for 10-5... Ultralight TP #95

Hello All,

As John and Walt have reported, this morning's conditions were nothing  to
shout about-- but I guess using a 9' box loop (in the back yard) does have
its advantages.

675-Hohhot (China) in Chinese was mixing with Vietnam's YL news  announcer
at 1413 for a new Ultralight TP logging, the 4th new TP here  since the new
9' loop was set up on Saturday. The 9' tuned passive  loop seems to find
weak Chinese co-channels on many of the 9  kHz-splits that the smaller loops
were unable to receive (603, 621, 738, 891,  1053, 1143 etc.), so I'm very
happy with its performance so far. Now the  challenge is to identify them all
(hopefully within this month, before the  Chinese are gone for the season :-)

73, Gary DeBock

Spotting receiver: Modified ICF-2010 (30" loopstick)
Main Receiver: C.Crane SWP ultralight (7.5" Slider loopstick + CFJ455K5
filter)
9'1" (side) PVC frame tuned passive loop (in back yard)