[IRCA] TP report for 2Oct09 from Victoria

[IRCA] TP report for 2Oct09 from Victoria

OK, here's my results for this morning's DX.  A generally average morning.  Poor initially, but picked up nicely after 13:30, as has been the pattern of late.  I was hoping for really good conditions after a nice Alaskan opening at 06:00 UTC last night, but it wasn't to be.  Nothing terribly exciting.  CRI RR was at 9 level after 14:00 while I was watching Guy's unid on 1322...the best I've heard this season.  Very modest DU appearance too again with Brisbane at 8 level on 612 and 1116 at 8 level at 14:06.  As always a "6" unless otherwise noted.  SF 72, A2, K1.

189 and 279:  Both only 6.  Way down from yesterday
529:  SQM at 9 level
531
540:  CC at 7 level 13:40
558:  JJ at 7 at 13:40
567:  JJ at 13:31 at 8
576:  RR at 9 level by 13;41
585:  music at 7 level early and DU at 6 to 7 level at 14:12
594:  9 level JJ and still at 8+ level at 14:13
603:  8 level
612:  Brisbane at 8 level at 14:11
621:  CC at 9 level at 13:38.  6 to 7 earlier and N.Korean het on low side.
639:  7 level CC plus IBOC +++
666
675:  VoV at 7 level 13:48
702, 711
720:  CNR2 at 13:50 at 8
783:  CC at 8
747:  JJ at 8 at 14:10
774:  JJ at 9 level at 14:10 and weak coch
792
819:  7 level N.Korea
828:  9 level JJ at 14:09
837:  CC at 7 level 14:08
846
855:  N. Korea at 7 level
864:  ? CC at 14:08 at 7 level.
936:  CC at 9 level at 13:44
972:  KK at 9 level at 13:45
1017, 1044, 1053, 1098
1116:  DU at 14;06 at 8 level
1134, and 1143 both 7 level, with latter a bit of a jumble at 14:05
1170:  8 level CC easily heard under KPUG     Here's an observation of mine.  If you have a local station, it's better to try for TPs on frequency (when the 9 and 10 kHz channels match), than to fight the splatter.  Splatter is FAR FAR worse to contend with than the clean modulation of a local station with a cochannel underneath.  This is why we can hear the CC station relatively easily under the local, than say 1071 vs my local 1070!
1242:  7
1251
1269:  7 level with EZL music at 14:03
1287:  9 level JJ at 14:02
1305
1314:  7 level at 14:02
1323:  9 level RR CRI at 13:22
1377:  7 level
1386, 1422, 1467
1512:  7 level
1557:  WYFR at 8 level at 13:59
1566:  HLAZ at 8 level at 14:28
1575:  VOA at 8 level
1593:  CC at 7 level.

That's it from Victoria.  Here's wishing great DX to the fellas at Grayland this weekend (should be Bruce, Chuck and Nick for sure).....Walt Salmaniw, Victoria, BC