[IRCA] Puyallup, WA TP's for 9-29... Sizzler!

[IRCA] Puyallup, WA TP's for 9-29... Sizzler!

Hello All,

Wow, John Bryant sure picked a great day to start his Grayland DXpedition
:-)

The Chinese especially were booming in here, and were unusually vibrant on
most frequencies. Around 1342 I found the Chinese station reported by Bruce
 mixing with the North Korean on 621, with both of them in slight KPOJ-620
splatter (for a very busy MP3). 792 kHz had decent audio here for the first
time  this season, and I suspect the recording is Chinese (but still
playing it  over).

603 kHz had a mix of the Mandarin Chinese station and HLSA around 1345,
with both at good levels. 585 had the 10 kw JOPG station at near "9" level
around 1339, and 666-JOBK had a huge signal.

As requested by Walt, I checked 657-Pyongyang at 1400 (even though the band
 had fizzled before that during previous days this week). Much to my
surprise,  the buzzing signal was still booming, and I made a nice MP3 of the TOH
ID (and  the corny music) right at 1400. As Bruce had surmised, however, the
speech  was all in Korean, with no English.

73, Gary DeBock

Spotting Receiver:  Modified ICF-2010 (30" loopstick)
Main Receiver:  Modified C.Crane SWP (7.5" Slider loopstick + CFJ455K5
filter)
36" collapsible-frame tuned passive loop (bedside)