Re: [IRCA] BOG (Beverage On the Ground) test today

Re: [IRCA] BOG (Beverage On the Ground) test today

Re:

Inexpert Reply here (seriously) - Jim mentioned that his car radio was
hearing the same thing as his comm rx.  Could his car radio be close
enough in proximity to the BOG to be using that as a receive antenna, in
addition to the fender mounted whip?

Thanks Jim for the posts.  Good luck!

73,
Dave in Indy

===

I`ve been following this thread with interest, as one who periodically scans daytime MW from not too far away. I could have IDed most of Jim`s unIDs just from experience as to what makes it here on groundwave, on a good car radio. E.g. on 740 KRMG Tulsa is virtually a local in OKC. Except for the increased local QRM problem inside OKC, there is plenty to be heard which the BOG was apparently not getting, so I would have to agree that it wasn`t really funxioning efficiently. I hope Jim can get a real beverage going, preferably closer to midday and see what he can pull in at the limits of groundwave. It would also be a good idea to do a thorough MW daytime bandscan on a caradio first.

73, Glenn Hauser, Enid