Re: [IRCA] Cheap wire - sources

> What are the best U.S. stores, chain or otherwise, to get cheap,
> good wire in spools of at least 1000 feet?

I generally get a current price at Home Depot or Lowes and then look on
eBay.  I've bought close to a couple thousand feet of #12 or #14 THHX
stranded wire for a better price, even including shipping.  Probably could
find vendors in Canada so the over the border fees/time don't happen.

At one point a year ot so ago there was a 3,000'+ (900m+) spool of yellow
#14 wire.  It was probably half the cost per foot of what Home Depot
charged.  Didn't need it, so I let it go.  Coulda-shoulda bought it.

FWIW, Home Depot sells an inexpensive good sized orange plastic reel that
takes over 1,000' (300m+) of #14 wire.  Makes it much easier to use a BOG.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI