Re: [IRCA] TP's 9-26 in Seattle

Gary

I'm surprised too. I've heard Taiwan there a few times this season, but never all that well, so I'm a bit surprised by the strong signals you, John, et al have been reporting. For whatever reason, the Korean is more common for me.
Bruce

D1028Gary@xxxxxxx wrote:
Hi Bruce,
Your repeated Korean loggings on 738 kHz are a real mystery here. I have had 738-Taiwan Fisheries at huge signal levels for most of September, but never a trace of any Koreans. The same weird situation occurs frequently when I compare my TP loggings with those of Guy Atkins, only 4 miles southeast of here. He hears many strong TP's that I don't have a trace of, and vice versa. 73, Gary In a message dated 9/26/2009 9:46:58 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, bportzer@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Conditions were definitely not as good as yesterday, but still OK. Maybe I just wasn't recording the right set of freqs at the right time today (a potential drawback of SDR setups) The Korean peninsula and NE China seemed to be especially good.

Highlights from this morning:

567      JJ  talk fair 1242 during KVI quiet periods

576      Woman  in RR, undermodulated 1239

639      CC YL good  1250

738      Korean dominant again, good w.2 men in KK  1148