[IRCA] TP for 26Sep09 from Victoria: pretty good

[IRCA] TP for 26Sep09 from Victoria: pretty good

Glad to have Colin's notes to compare to.  My take (and I listened between 13:20 and 14:30) is that things were again slightly down from yesterday and the day before, but still very respectable.  DU, on the other hand, although again very modest was better than yesterday with Brisbane really booming in on 612 and heard past 14:30!  What was better today as well were many of the North Koreans.  Perhaps someone played with their transmitters to improve modulation levels. SF: 72, A2, K1. Here's my catch, with "6" unless otherwise noted:

153:  8
189:  9
279:  7  (part of the problem is a new noise source, I suspect, nearby this season compared to last).
529:  SQM at 8
531, 540
576:  RR (that's the muddy audio with music, Colin) at 8 level.  DU // to 612 after 14:00 at 7 level.
594:  8 level earlier, 9 level later with NHK1.  After 14:00 cochannel DU (// to 612).
603:  2 cochannels at 8 level.
612:  Brisbane at 9 level 14:03, and still audible at 14:30!
639:  CNR1 at 13:34 at 8
657:  9 level North Korea very strong today.
666, 675
720:  CC at 8 level with weak het on lower side from presumed N.Korea.
738:  CC and weak cochannel at 13:42 at 8 level.
747:  NHK2 at 9 level
756:  KBS1 at 9 level with excellent modulation.  They were undermodulated for the past few days.
765
774:  NHK2 at 9 level.  At 14:07 cochannel with DU
783:  7 level CC
792:  2 cochannels at 7 level.
801:  7 level audio plus the weird wandering carrier on the low side today.  I'm assuming this is a sick N. Korean tx.  Are other Perseus (or SDR) users seeing this?
828:  I'm giving this NHK2 a perfect 10 (that's very rare from me!) at 13:48
837, 846
855:  North Korea with 8 level and not bad audio today.
873:  JJ at 7 level.
918:  7
936:  8 level presumed Anhui RGD at 13:51
945:  7 level with several stations
954:  9 level, presumably JOKR with music
963:  CC >> CRI RR at 8 level
972:  8 level KK and 1 other.  Agree with Colin on this one (not as strong as usual).
1008:  7 level music and 1 other.  ?JONR
1017:  7 level presumed CRI KK
1098:  7 level at 13:55
1107:  7 level music
1116:  7 level
1134, 1143
1170:  KPUG and cochannel CC at 7 to 8 level
1242:  JJ at 13:57 at 8 level
1251:  3 distinct carriers making it a jumble at 7 level (could easily be much better audio if they were all on frequency)
1287:  JJ at 8 level
1314
1332:  7 level
1341:  ditto
1566:  HLAZ at 8 level at 14:08.  As usual, this is always an easy catch for me, and not for Colin, a couple of km away!
1575:  9 level VOA

That's my catch for this morning!  And what a morning it is....blue, blue sky.  Gorgeous!  ....Walt in Victoria, BC