[IRCA] Puyallup, WA TP's for 9-25... Hot-Rod Paradise

[IRCA] Puyallup, WA TP's for 9-25... Hot-Rod Paradise

Hello All,

As everybody else has reported, the conditions were supreme to Asia.
Unfortunately there wasn't enough time here to investigate the entire band,  but
hopefully this great propagation will continue until tomorrow  morning.

Checking a few frequencies of interest, I noticed that 891 kHz had  both
the had both the NHK1 and Thai station mixing together at 1344, for the  first
time this season. 603 kHz had the UnID Mandarin Chinese station  this
morning with a fairly strong signal at 1336 (HLSA, which  others reported as
strong, was way down in the noise). Derek Vincent and I have  both been hearing
this UnID Chinese on 603 frequently recently-- but without ID  clues.

Most of the low-band TP's had some kind of audio, but with new Ultralight
TP's the top priority, it was a mad scramble on the modified ICF-2010 to
find  some promising carriers (other than the 88 TP's logged so far on the
Slider  E100's and SWP's). It looks like a trip to Grayland is in order!

Guy Atkins' high band loggings of yesterday were not nearly so impressive
here, a sign that the Puyallup propagation is again playing strange tricks.
We  have both noticed situations when one of us will receive a TP at a
strong  level, when the other doesn't have a trace of the same station (at the
same  time). Guy's 1322 Filipino has never been anything more than a ghostly
carrier here, but apparently some low-band Chinese sneak through here
without a  trace at Guy's house. Bizarre, but I guess a good subject for an
article  :-)

73, Gary

Modified ICF-2010 (30" loopstick)
Modified C.Crane SWP (7.5" Slider loopstick + CFJ455K5  filter)
36" PVC-frame tuned passive loop