[IRCA] EXCELLENT TPs from Orcas Island: Sept 24

[IRCA] EXCELLENT TPs from Orcas Island: Sept 24

It's getting difficult to judge "the best of the season, so far," but this morning was a candidate, for sure. From 1300 kHz on down, I only had ten channels without at least some Asian audio, including the zero-ending channels. Above 1300, there were ten of the usual suspects.

The more interesting ones:

549: Murmur level that was at lang. recognition fairly early. It was the rare visitor R. Mayak out of either Magadan or Vladivostok.

I had a slew of stations // to North Korea's KCBS 2850, including the unlisted 675, running about equal with VoV around 1400

Others //2850 noted were: 702, 720, 819, 873. The 873 transmitter has mostly been a widely-spaced LSB + USB growl lately, but today, it was doing just wonderfully. They must have found some parts somewhere. 702.030 had an awful hum: the signal looked like a trident, with the outer spikes being somewhat lower and only modulated by hummmmm.

639 and 756 were both doing unusually well as CNR1//5030.

891 had classical Western music on it like Russian stations often broadcast, but it was not Mayak and I'm not sure of a likely candidate at all. It was not CNR2, either.

990 had an Asian language on it, fairly weak. It was neither standard CC, KK, JJ or VV. Some interesting possibilities.

1080 The sub-dominant sounded like North Korea, but I forgot to check the 2850 listed //.

It was a fun morning for sure.  I certainly wish that North Korea QSLed!

John Bryant
Orcas Island, WA, USA
Winradio G313e and various Ultralights
Wellbrook Phased Array + Superloops