[IRCA] Google Book - DX related

If you all recall, a few weeks back, I mentioned Google Books.  Many
folks replied and set me straight on what you can and can not do with
them (mainly you can only fully read the ones marked "Full View").

I was Googling +DX +Radio on Google Books the other night and saw an
article on TV DX'ing from the Nov 1954 edition of Popular Mechanics.  It
is a good piece, to me and talks quite accurately about VHF DX'ing.  I
did not include a direct link since you have to have a Google account
(Gmail or other) and thus the link may not work.  If you search for
Popular Mechanics from Nov 1954, you should get it.  It is on page 158.
The author and apparent DX'er is Max Tharpe.  Does that name ring a
bell?

Off topic, I LOVE the ads in front of the magazine about learning new
trades such as auto, TV and radio and appliance repair.  I love the idea
of raising giant frogs, for profit!

73,
Dave Hascall
Indy