[IRCA] Orcas Island TPs: Sept 18

My general impression was that things were down from yesterday's "Best o the Season" to something like average conditions, but with things being a bit disturbed: there were some interesting things around.

540: CNR-1//5030 continues to occupy 540 at and just before dawn. Its just a question of "how strong today?" In previous years, this was an occasional visitor.

720: VOR's JJ Service was doing quite well this morning, all alone.

801: This is usually just a het for me, but today, CNR2//6155 was in at a 7 level.

1026: Presumed Beijing Business Radio was rocking here... most usually just a mumble

The high band was virtually dead until just at dawn when a few interesting things flared up briefly.

1251: VOR's CC Service//7300 was noted just at dawn

1332: Tokai Radio's Nagoya sound was noted here for the first time this season.

1386: NHK2 Synchros, usually with Morioka dominant were here at a season best.

1440 JOWF is here al,most every morning at max dawn. I am missing their satellite transmitter, JOWL on 1197 which, in past seasons, has almost always been better than the main station on 1440.

In general a very fun morning, but not earth shattering.

I'll be interested in what Bruce and the Puyallup Posse heard today. Walt, if you were gonna sleep through and have your antenna set wrong, this was a pretty good morning for it :>)