[IRCA] TA's last night in Coastal WI ..Phased BOG System etc

[IRCA] TA's last night in Coastal WI ..Phased BOG System etc

I didn't see much online about TA last night. Nothing from the Northwest N. Am guys and not much from the N.E guys so I am wondering how cx were.

CX here in WI were OK. It was not the Spanish low bad extravaganza of a week ago but more mideast stuff was in..like Syria 783 about 0220 with mostly Koranic chants. I think my 702 audio (mideast but not sd/lk AA) was Iran as many are hearing but need more work on that channel.

Around 0220 there were big OC's on 594 (clobbering Portugal) and 549 (only bare traces of audio came thru..seemed cl mx so like German DLF). Unfortunately I couldn't seem to raise any audio by 0250 when Saudi's usually come back on w/pgmg. 594 I don't need, but 549 I do and am hopeful since Algeria is reported not on that channel now (also gone from 891 !!).

Antenna work has been onging here and what a chore to get ground rods in as it hasn't rained this month and hardly at all for 3 weeks. I use 5 ft sections of copper pipe 1" OD. 10 ft now costs about 26 bucks at Home Depot, but you have them cut in half and you get two rods. These make better contact with ground than standard thin 8 ft solid rods as I have proven to my DX satifaction.

Both BOGs run about 31 to 32 degrees. A bit far north for most TA's but aimed at the good stuff in the mideast and also aimed north enough of severe domestic QRM east of me.  415 ft // 282 ft about 20 inches apart and both terminated with 270 ohms (work will be done to optimize..but 270 ohms is decent)

As an example of reducing eastern QRM. Toronto is 84 deg from here and on 740 is a blaster. Closer and also 50 kw ND WJR is 103 deg and not nearly as strong at night. Also CINF 690 is at 73 deg and quite strong (although UK 693 was often pushing audio past the slop last night) while the NYC clears on 770 and 760 also 50 kw ND and same basic distance at about 100 deg arent as strong.  WGY 810 is at 88 deg while Madrid is at 61 deg and when Spain is in well I can sometimes noted SER audio // 873 etc u/WGY and also get Spain's pips.

73 and out to DX.. KAZ who was curious how your TA's were last night and awaiting Perseus to do this properly here.