Re: [IRCA] The hunt for a noise source. (More info please)

Re: [IRCA] The hunt for a noise source. (More info please)

On Sep 12, 2009, at 6:21 PM, BARRY DAVIES wrote:

Can you clarify what you mean by a "breaker?"

A breaker is a switch at the mains panel that will trip off the circuit when too much current is drawn. The switch is resettable.

I wonder if this what I call a mains fuse box?

A fuse box has screw in fuses. In the USA this is installation pre 1960. I took out the fuse box at my house recently and replaced it with breakers which I believe to be safer.

What is a "TRF?"

A Tuned Radio Frequency. Generally a Radio Shack model 12-655 is called a TRF here by most DXers. It was an extremely cheap and highly effective DXing machine back before they ended selling about 1975.

Hope this helps.

Kevin