[IRCA] TPs for Sept 10 from Orcas: Excellent LoBand

[IRCA] TPs for Sept 10 from Orcas: Excellent LoBand

Fellas,

Sorry about yesterday. Linda and I were on a ferry at dawn for a "errands" trip to the mainland of North America.

This morning, once again, my band seemed much more related to Nigel's than to others more local here. I had an excellent low band morning, with only the strongest of the upper band present. The JJ signals may have been down just a small amount, and some of the second tier missing, but they were more than replaced by loads of signals from Korea and further South. There were quite a few listenable signals that were UNIDs for me, though most were probably Korean.

549: I had a decent level unid on 549. It was neither JJ, RR nor standard Chinese. I noted it as "probably Korean," but PAL lists no Koreans there. It might have been Fujian dialect or Taiwanese and there is a CNR5 to Taiwan. I could not check //s

594: For a while, there was another Asian, I think Korean, dominating 594 JJ. Rather unusual.

621 had North Korea at 620.91 and, I think, Heillongjiang at 621.

630 outta Seattle had an Asian under it for a while.

639 had two Asians, KBS3, I think, and something else.

675, Vietnam was literally arm chair copy (a 9) for a while for the first time this season.

765 has an Asian station with a serious echo on it. It was not JJ. PAL doesn't list any likely multi-transmitter candidates.

810 Had a nice signal from the presumed North Korean

1053 at 1300 was really interesting. At 1256 tune-in there was a clear signal carrying a Korean program that, absolutely, was NOT //2850. In fact, I'd bet part of the pension that it was South Korean programming. At 1258, the program suddenly shifted to an open carrier and then after 1300, it was an open carrier plus jamming plus what I think was the North Korean program way in the background. I have noticed before real changes in what goes on here on 1053, before and after 1300. What may have happened was a punch-up error on one of the South Korean jammers (there are several.) This might be especially likely if they use that transmitter for local programming in the daytime. What a circus! I'll continue to visit 1053 regularly for a while.

I had two Asians on 1062. Nigel, I think that one was Filipino.

Well, it was a fun morning,

John B.