[IRCA] DX Test Committee

Want to log that impossible state, province, or country?

We're looking for volunteers for the DX Test Committee for the 2009-2010 "fall-winter-spring" MW DX season.

Lots to do, and always good to have back-up help so we can contact lots of station engineers; prepare audio files to enhance test quality; prepare QSL cards for engineers wanting these; etc. We also need each DX club and organization to have a rep on the committee, to ensure test info gets to bulletin and website publishers, to ask fellow members to organize tests, and to generally offer a communications channel. I've volunteered to do this for NRC.

There's no reason, with all of you out there, that we can't get a good number of tests lined up. Volunteers do not have to join the committee to help line up tests, and I don't foresee this turning into any official authority or bureaucracy. The idea is to maintain a DX Tests Central -- to promote and coordinate efforts so tests happen, that they have the kind of whiz-bang audio we've become accustomed to over the past couple of years, that DXers are notified promptly and as far in advance as possible, and that issues such QSLs are attended to.

We've had some great volunteers the past few years. Want to see this continue? Please contact me offlist to volunteer, although I am happy to see any online discussion with ideas, observations and such.

Thanks,

Saul Chernos
sauldx@xxxxxxxxxxxx