Re: [IRCA] Tuesday morning 9-8-9 TPs

At 09:26 PM 9/8/2009, you wrote:
>I'm running a bit late getting my report out for today.  If I wait long enough, I'll be able to call it yesterday's report.
>This was a rather odd morning with an amazing number of carriers, but not much in the way of audio.   I not only heard the 1568 carrier that everyone else is hearing, but also one on 1442.  I'm not sure what to make of them - they fade in and out just like the DX.  1568 is coming in right now (2110 LT) so it's definitely not a TP.  I did manage to hear Japanese talk under KPUG-1170 around 1230-1240 UT, which definitely makes it KBS and not VOA.

Bruce, I was hearing Chinese (Mandarin) on 1170 under KPUG after 13:00, so we obviously heard the same KBS transmitter, but at different times.  Amazing that it propagated so well today!

You say:  Now of I can only figure out how to put up a decent sized Beverage antenna on my 45'x100' city lot :)

Bruce, I don't have much more space than you do in my lot either.  What I am blessed with are some pretty tall Fir trees that I'm able to erect the corner fed loop antennae.  With these, (and I have 5 primary antennae to choose from) I've been able to hear some pretty decent DX.  Have you considered the ALA 100 as an alternative for small lot sizes?  It's at times nearly as good as much larger arrays here....Walt.