Re: [IRCA] 1568 Spike

Was checking for TA carriers just now (0245 UTC), and noted a few, but none of terribly exciting levels. Also noticed the 1568 signal in also. Not quite as good as in the mornings, but quite strong. That would seem to indicate that its origin is somewhere a bit less exotic than the far east.

73,

Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore, Alberta

Guy Atkins wrote:

Hi Nigel and Walt,

I found the spike on my Perseus recordings from this morning also. It peaks
for me right at 1312:30 - 1330 UTC. I **think** I might even detect a scrap
of audio on the frequency at 1300 exactly. (Using very narrow BW of course,
between 1566 and 1570).

Hmm... per PAL the only possibility I see is DYMP in Palo, Philippines,
listed as variable on 1567 kHz.

I suppose it *is* a possibility, given that I am likely hearing DXADD Marawi
City on 1322 kHz.

Guy Atkins
Puyallup, WA
www.perseus-sdr.blogspot.com