[IRCA] PERSEUS users can you help? (Off topic)

[IRCA] PERSEUS users can you help? (Off topic)

When wanting to play back 60 or 70 files (approx 160GB) there is a delay of 30-40 seconds before the files populate the box!
The box is put on the screen via Input Select section, then Wav and File
buttons. BUT the open box is empty.
After about 30-40 seconds it is populated with the 60 or 70 Wav files. When I
want to select a new file again I am faced with an empty box. This delay has
started in the past couple of days. The PERSEUS is connected to the same stand
alone laptop. I have tried:- 1. defrag of the hard drive. 2. emptied the disc of potential corrupt Wav files 3. switched the McAfee anti virus protection off. All to no avail. I have put the problem on the PERSEUS user group  ( http://groups.yahoo.com/group/perseus_SDR/ ;) but have had no takers yet. Assistance in very, very step simple instructions would be very much appreciated for this computer novice!
Can anyone tell me how to stop the delay in populating the box?

Barry :-)