[IRCA] Puyallup, WA DU's for 8-23

Hello All,

For some reason, the Asiatic TP's reported by everyone else this morning
did not make it to this Puyallup Valley location. There was some modest DU
reception, however-- the opposite location from what I had always  assumed my
modest DXing environment would favor.

Listening from 1235-1310, only very weak carriers from JOAK-594 and
JOIB-747 showed up from Asia, around 1235. If someone didn't know where to look,
they would have been missed.

Tahiti-738 Had a decent carrier throughout, and came to audio around 1255.
Around this time, 639-Fiji had a strong carrier with threshold audio, and
648-Rhema was very close to audio. These were the same DU's that were
evident here in Puyallup during a session three days ago.

Investigating the propagation a little further around the DU peak at 1305,
I found that the other NZ carriers (657, 675, and 1035) had much more
strength  than the Aussie carriers (612, 702, 891, 1116). None of these other
DU's came  close to audio, however. This has been the general pattern during
the August  DXing sessions here, using the modified ICF-2010 (30"  loopstick)
inductively coupled to an 8' tuned passive loop. As usual, all  DU's fizzled
out just after they started showing any strength, around  1310.

Grayland is looking better every day.

73, Gary