[IRCA] TP for 23Aug09: Best Asian So Far: Taiwan x 2

[IRCA] TP for 23Aug09: Best Asian So Far: Taiwan x 2

Walter and I were listening to different bands, again today! Although I could hear/see a goodly number of DU hets, (+audio from 612 and 756) I had a great Asian AM... best of the season, so far. All the Japanese Big Guns were there (594 was the poorest). The stars of the morning were China and Taiwan. Chinese audio on 837 (briefly huge - that is the new Taiwan Service?) 918, 936, 945 and 963(RR). Taiwan was in on 1143 and 1557, both good at max dawn. Except for huge 855+, and sad 1566, the Korea's were largely absent.

Unknowns were 1188 with a very under-modulated 7... could this have been FEBC, Seoul??? and 1269 at threshold (several possible.)

The most fun was accidently hearing the entire TOH routine on CNR1-945 at 1300. What fun!!!

John Bryant
Orcas Island, WA, USA
Winradio G313e and various Ultralights
Wellbrook Phased Array + Superloops