[IRCA] TPs for 19Aug09: Totally DU

Arouse again at 12:45 UTC and monitored for the next half hour.  Very different from yesterday, and down all around.  The big difference is the total absence of any Asian stations.  Simply put, this was a totally DU session.  Not a great one at that, but still totally DU.  I don't think I heard a single Asian!  That has to be a first.  No hint of anything unusual in the solar indices....yet!  SF 67 A3/K3, but my prediction is something is going to show in the next 12 hours!  We AM DXers are better at early solar predictions than Boulder, it seems.
The band was mostly the lower half, and most of my signals came via my NZ facing ALA 100 in the back yard.  My normally hot W facing corner fed large loop was pretty absent in signals this morning.  On the top half of the band, Radio Tarana on 1386 was virtually the only performer with at times "8" level signals with the usual Hindi music.  Otherwise most activity was from 774 and below...again all NZ and Australia, but especially NZ:  567, 585, 639 (Fiji presumably with a pretty strong carrier, but no audio that I could hear at 13:14), 675, 702, 738 (RFO Tahiti again at pretty strong strength, including excellent modulation...they've fixed their transmitter!  Best on my South facing large diameter corner-fed loop with 10dB attenuation.  Otherwise it overloads), 756, and 774.  Overall, a very interesting morning!  Good DX....Walt Salmaniw, Victoria, BC