[IRCA] TP conditions for 2 and 3 August, 2009 from The Queen Charlotte Islands

[IRCA] TP conditions for 2 and 3 August, 2009 from The Queen Charlotte Islands

Spent a very brief couple of days up at my cottage on Haida Gwaii, also known as one of the nicest places to MW DX from.  Having arrived Saturday evening, I quickly attached the matching transformer and coax to my permanent N/S mini-Beverage, and added my NE/SW facing large diameter ALA100M for a choice of two antennae.  Having driven pretty much straight from Thursday night, I just set the Perseus for TOH overning recordings.  I didn't really notice much activity (from the ALA) until closer to dawn, when a number of the usual TP targets from Japan and Korea showed up.  Nothing thrilling.  This morning, I awoke around 09:00 for another go, live this time.  I had also added my favourite BOG to the W/NW which in the past has yielded a huge number of great targets.  Once again, any DU activity was very anemic or absent, apart from the carriers visible on the Perseus SDR.  Otherwise, the TPs came in closer to dawn at relatively good levels, but nothing to write home about.  I did hear CRI in Russian on 1323, mixing with at least one or two other stations.  By 13:00, things started to fade.
     On another note, my favourite this morning was hearing new (again) Radio Symban from Australia, running 100 or 200w, at up to good levels!  All this on 2368.5.  Also, lovely signals from PNG on 3385.  Got to run for my flight!  ..............Walt.