Re: [IRCA] Vintage receiving station with loops

Re: [IRCA] Vintage receiving station with loops

You're certainly correct. Houses all over. In fact it inspired Melvina Reynolds to compose her little ditty "Little boxes on the hillside, little boxes made of ticky-tacky.....There's a green one and a pink one and a blue one and a yellow one, and they're all made out of ticky-tacky and they all look just the same." Everytime I drive up Skyline Blvd. thru Daly City I sing this song :-) .

Don Kaskey
San Francisco CA

ng0g@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Horacio,

Great photo.  I have been up near there and I suspect that, that area is covered with houses now.

I would love to see the construction details for those loops.

Thanks for posting this.

Steve
--
73 49 111 01001001 -------------- Original message from Horacio Nigro <hanigrodx@xxxxxxxx>: --------------

The following link has an interesting picture from "Radio Broadcast" magazine,
Dec. 1928.

http://i28.tinypic.com/1zpsf20.jpg
The picture is a view of San Francisco Receiving station at daly City, Calif., showing rotable loop aerials. The station was operated by the federal Telegraph Co.for the reception of marine signals.

Great and huge loops were built in this golden era of radio!
Horacio A. Nigro Montevideo Uruguay