[IRCA] Sony SRF-M37V new version

A very good friend of mine sent me a Sony SRF-M37V ultralight to audition.
I liked it enough to purchase a second one.
The latest version of this unit no longer includes TV sound reception.
This is unfortunate since I still receive Canadian TV audio.
The AM reception is amazing, as many of you know.
The FM reception is just OK.

My question is:
Does anyone have a Sony SRF-M37V that has a working weather band?
Both units I have tried only produce a jumble that sounds
like front-end intermod overload on 'DX' and nothing at all on 'Local'.
I've tried listening to weather band at several varied locations with the exact same results. Any ideas?

If the AM reception was not so spectacular, this would be a quite
mediocre radio.

Thanks for listening, Karl Zuk