[IRCA] SDR-14 quirks

After using the RFSpace SDR-14 for quite a while, I've noticed some odd
behavior.  First is a minimal thing.  The spike for an AM carrier seems to
drop slightly when the unit is tuned to that frequency.  Drops by a couple
of db.  When there are two adjacent stations at the same signal strength,
the one it's tuned to is always slightly lower.

The second issue is one of noise.  At least in this installation, it's a
problem that blocks out weaker stations.  When it's tuned above 490 KHz
there is a wide noise level that covers hundreds of KHz.
http://www.am-dx.com/Graphics/490.gif

When I tune below 490 KHz it goes away.  It does this consistently like an
on-off switch.
http://www.am-dx.com/Graphics/480.gif

I thought there was a gain change, but that doesn't appear to be.  I noticed
a spur at 505 KHz that is at the same -90 level in both pictures.  This is
consistent across several antennas, including one outside on the tower.
Anyone else notice this?

Craig Healy
Providence, RI