[IRCA] RUSSIAN ON 1710 IDENTIFIED

I drove up to the area of the 1710 Russian language station in the southern part of Everett today and taped what appeared to be an ID in the form of "Radio MV." I was all ready to send copies to Walter Salmaniw, Dennis Vroomski and Mauno Ritola when I thought I had better test my hearing by Googling "Radio MV." It was there.

This is Russian Christian Radio, Box 523, Mount Vernon, WA 98273, (425) 296-7829. The web site is in Cyrillic so I clicked a word which looked like "Kontact" and voila, the location in English appeared. The audio is available on line. I didn't see 1710 mentioned anywhere. As for the significance of Radio MV, perhaps it simply stands for Mount Vernon...

While driving up I-5, it started appearing at Exit 175; I could identify it as Russian by Exit 178. Its coverage does not seem remarkable for a Part 15 station, at least from my car.

If anyone would like a copy of the audio, let me know and I will send it off list. It is 2MB mp3 and is 2:08 in length.

Pete Taylor
Tacoma, WA
12225w 4719n
HQ180 + Kiwa air core loop