Re: [IRCA] Tecsun CR-1100 DSP-enhanced Full Size AM-FM Portable

Re: [IRCA] Tecsun CR-1100 DSP-enhanced Full Size AM-FM Portable

Hello Curt,

Thanks for your response to my CR-1100 comments, and for  adding a few more
details for those considering a purchase of this unique  radio.

Being primarily a chaser of 9 kHz-split DX, it took me some  time to get
excited about a relatively large portable that is more  suitable for domestic
DXers. The new Tecsun does have breakthrough  sensitivity on the X-Band,
however, and its dual displays of signal  strength and S/N ratio are indeed
innovative DX features, as you mention  (the new PL-300WT Ultralight also has
these). The complete freedom from image  reception is also very welcome, as
is the relative freedom from spurs and mixing  products. Urban DXers
concentrating on chasing Domestic stations would find this  model tough to beat,
especially if they enjoy high-fidelity DXing :>)

73, Gary

In a message dated 6/6/2009 7:41:49 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,