Re: [IRCA] Possible west coast TA signs

My guess is 1008 was Canaries, but one really can only surmize where a weak het is coming from. However, there are stronger Spaniards in that part of the band that weren't noted.

Re 1566 once in a while signals from that part of Africa can get out well on high band in Spring/Summer around their sunrise as noted from RI as a kid. I have had audio once on 1566 here in IL and have even noted the het on the car rx, but often there's almost nothing.

Steve, your Bevs aim about 60 deg if I recall and should be ideal for 783 Mauritania.

>From my observations from Grafton WI in Oct about 783 and noting that I certainly wasn't sitting on the channel.  They often went off somewhat after 0100 and as did SW //.  However, I noted weird chanting on 783 sometimes around 0440 and continuing past 0600 when the SW // came on.

73 KAZ