Re: [IRCA] 1710 Mystery Russian - Mill Creek?

Re: [IRCA] 1710 Mystery Russian - Mill Creek?

Very nice job, Bruce!!

Your mention of Mill Creek reminded me of a church in Bothell/Mill Creek
that for years has reached out to various ethnic communities in the area--
Cedar Park Church. They are located just to the south of the I-405 & Bothell
Hwy. interchange; however, they also run a private Christian school north of
there in Mill Creek (13300 Bothell Everett Hwy, Mill Creek, WA). This school
location is just north of where you were driving today.

I remember reading in the paper about a food drive the church held for
Russian immigrants a year or two ago, and it got me wondering if they have a
Russian student population at their school, or Russian families in the area.
If so, maybe this school is the site of the transmitter?

I've looked through the school's Web site but have found no mention of a
radio broadcast, or a Russian community, etc.

Still, it's worth investigating. Just putting two and two together,
hopefully!

I may drive up there tomorrow on my lunch hour, to follow up on your lead.

73,

Guy Atkins
Puyallup, WA
www.perseus-sdr.blogspot.com