Re: [IRCA] Plotting a course to 1710 kHz Location

Re: [IRCA] Plotting a course to 1710 kHz Location

Hi Guy,

Thanks for your report on the Perseus' 1710 kHz investigation.

Your Perseus report is probably more trustworthy than the results I have
obtained using the 30" loopstick ICF-2010, which typically does not react
well  to urban issues. The hot-rodded loopstick takes the spurs evident in a
stock  ICF-2010, and magnifies them. Although very sensitive to DX, the side
effects  can be disappointing-- and the KIRO/KOMO mixing product on 1710 kHz
may be  one of these issues.

Anyway, I'll try a couple of other receivers (like the ICF-S5W and PL-600)
inductively coupled to the large loops here, and try for a bearing on the
1710 Russian. If they don't receive the KIRO/KOMO spur, it should  be easy
to get an accurate bearing.

73, Gary

In a message dated 5/26/2009 4:14:34 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,