Re: [IRCA] Plotting a course to 1710 kHz Location

Re: [IRCA] Plotting a course to 1710 kHz Location

Hi Gary,

I'm finding the 1710 mystery Russian around the clock at my receiving
location in Puyallup, not just night time. Also, it's the strongest by
far of any signal surrounding 1710, as noted on the Perseus waterfall. (But
strong is relative--all the carriers are fairly weak.)

I noted the Russian varying slightly, 1709.987 - 1709.989 after I calibrated
the receiver display around 10 a.m. PDT. At that time there were 13 carriers
found between 1709.9 and 1710.1!  Now at 4 p.m. I only see two carriers in
that range.

I'm not sure if I'm seeing a KIRO/KOMO mixing product or not. There's an
*extremely* faint trace at 1709.999 kHz.

The Russian on 1709.989 shows a signal strength between -105 and -110dBm
right now, stronger than it was this morning (-118dBm).

So far I'm only checking the frequency with the NW Conti loop antenna;
before the day is over I will hook up the rotating ALA100 again and report
back on the bearing.

73,

Guy Atkins
Puyallup, WA