[IRCA] 1710 kHz ... groundwave in Victoria?

[IRCA] 1710 kHz ... groundwave in Victoria?

I left the SDR-14 recording 1710 kHz today, and the carrier strength did vary over time, but only +/- 3dB around -117 dB on its display.  There was a fair bit of electrical noise, so the noise floor was at -120, and it was rare for the carrier to drop below that.   By 0030 UT (4:30pm local time), the carrier was getting a little more erratic, with some stronger and weaker points, but nothing like right now (0440UT) when it will drop from -99dB to well below the noise at -120 within a few seconds.

So, I  think we're getting weak ground wave on this channel here.

best wishes,

Nick