Re: [IRCA] 1710

Good Morning All,

Currently in broad daylight there is still a strong carrier on 1710 with a
bearing of about 300 degrees (or 120 degrees) from my Puyallup location,
which  would place the location exactly in the direction of downtown Tacoma.
Unfortunately, when audio does come up (weakly), it appears that this may be
a  previously unnoticed mixing product from two Tacoma pests, KHHO-850 and
KKMO-1360, that escaped detection until now because of the off-band
frequency.  There has never been any Russian audio heard on this signal here,
although it is  so weak that the "mixing product" diagnosis is also still
unconfirmed. I'll  continue to investigate with the new, serious-sized loops later
today.

73, Gary

In a message dated 5/21/2009 11:34:36 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,