Re: [IRCA] SDR

Hi Kaz,

A very detailed performance comparison between the SDR-IQ and Perseus was
made by Marco Bruno IK1ODO last year. His article "Digital Down Conversion
Receivers Compared" was published in the March 2008 edition of RadCom
magazine. It focuses on the hardware side of the receiver and strong signal
handling performance. You can download the PDF here:
http://www.ssb.de/amateur/pdf/radcom_mar08.pdf

Here are some key figures from Bruno's measurements:

Blocking dynamic range, 2.4kHz BW: Perseus = 120db; SDR-IQ = 108db

Calculated IP3 intermodulation distortion: Perseus = 33dBm (dither on,
preamp off); SDR-IQ = 14dBm (max gain)

IMD3 dynamic range: Perseus = 102dB (dither on, preamp off); SDR-IQ = 90dB
(max gain)

73,

Guy Atkins
Puyallup, WA