Re: [IRCA] FCC CONSIDERS PUBLIC FILE RULES FOR DXERS

Re: [IRCA] FCC CONSIDERS PUBLIC FILE RULES FOR DXERS

Estimado Craig & fellow IRCAnauts -

  Enjoy laughter while you can. According to reports, the Republic of  East
Chipeepeestan currently is petitioning the World Cabal to enact  stringent 'cap
and trade' proscriptions on humor, based upon the scientifically  proven
false hypothesis which states that good jokes make for gales of laughter  which in
turn cause carbon emissions to rise.

 Further reports call for limiting heat emissions from Type 80  Vacuum Tube
Rectifiers, currently enjoying wide use in the Omni Consumer  Products ED-209*
Computer-based Law Enforcement Robots - which some  Commissioners are
reviewing for purchase.

                                                       yours,

pv zecchino
Manaboogitystan Key,
Islets of Langerhans,
Peoples' Democratic Republic of Chepachet

* -- c. 1986, "Robocop"

In a message dated 4/3/2009 10:21:32 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
bubba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>  > I can't wait to make publically available all the IBOC hash and  local
QRM I receive. LOL.

> The only thing stupider than  April Fools jokes are the people who post
them.

Oh, I don't know  about that.  Hobbies are for enjoyment, and humor often
pokes fun of  the quirky bits and pieces of it.  There used to be a thing
called  April Fuel from another location.  It was phased out and frankly  I
think that was a loss for them.

Even if it's a groaner, I  personally don't mind as long as it doesn't get in
the way of the DX  info.  April isn't exactly the best AM propagation time,
so things are  quieting down.  A chuckle now and then is a Good Thing.

Craig  Healy
Providence,  RI

original  contributors and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the IRCA, its
editors, publishing staff, or officers

For more information:  http://www.ircaonline.org