Re: [IRCA] (OT) Re: Wi-Fi legality

At 09:26 AM 4/2/2009, you wrote:
>Rick,
>
>I don't use a laptop. Both computers are desk tops, so hard to find out
>where it is coming from. I have an idea, the Wifi has been there for
>sometime though. Because of the friend staying here, he discovered it
>last Sept/Oct.  It could be coming from some distance too.
>
>Patrick
>
>Patrick Martin
>KGED QSL Manager

I'm finding it hard to believe that it's not coming from somewhere within the trailer park area.  Unless one goes to a lot of trouble with fancy Wi-Fi antennae (home-made or otherwise), the usual USB Stick isn't likely to get very far, especially within a house enclosure.  My son had enough trouble picking up my own home network in the basement, that I ran a cable from the router to his area in the basement to overcome this.  You might try walking with one of those Wi-Fi detectors around your neighbours....you'll probably find the source closer than you think.  I simply can't imagine it being many miles away, especially at the strength you are receiving it at......Walt.