Re: [IRCA] The 980 Western Mysteries Continue

Re: [IRCA] The 980 Western Mysteries Continue

John

I checked the FCC website, and figured out that the west Texas station, KHOS Sonora, has been off the air for a while. The FCC refused to renew its license in 2005 because it had been silent for three years and the owner hadn't notified the FCC. That's not to say it's not your Praise 980 station - maybe someone came across their transmitter and fired it up recently, not realizing they needed a license to operate it :-) Unlikely, I would think, but not totally implausible

If I followed the discussion correctly, the likely targets in AZ, NM, UT, CA, & NV have been eliminated except for KICA Clovis. If not them, then the mystery deepens.

Bruce

John H. Bryant wrote:
Friends,

Thank you each very much for the responses... Unless one of the smaller California stations has flipped formats in the past weks and not yet changed the website, it looks more and more like one of the New Mexico stations or the west Texas or the western Colorado. I'm going to record one more night and see if I hear more. I'll update the clan tomorrow. I'm determined enough about this one to get on the phone, if I have to.... we've plenty of unused cell phone minutes.

Does any one have handles on the two Mexicans that are signing off at 0800 on 980???

Stay tuned, as they say.

John B
Stillwater, OK