Re: [IRCA] (OT) Re: Wi-Fi legality

And if you're going to go the netbook route, look for one with a built-in 3G
cellular modem -- if 3G is available in your area. (I suspect that it is
because I can get EV-DO Rev. A even in the Missouri boondocks.) Some
wireless carriers will give you a deep discount on the laptop when you sign
a two-year contract for broadband.

For example, earlier this year, AT&T was offering the Dell Mini 9 for $99 --
roughly $400 off the normal price -- if you signed up for two years of
LaptopConnect. Of course, you'll pay $60-$70/month for mobile broadband, but
you still might come out ahead if, for example, you're planning to buy a
laptop anyway.

Patrick, you own a business, right? If so, you should look for a way to use
a laptop and broadband at least partly for work so that you can write off
some of that as a business expense. Those savings can be significant.